Thursday, July 10, 2008

Restoring Calm

We have a new instructor that began at BODY this week, Laurence Lisa Lebreton. She has taken over our beloved Gio's classes, Gentle, Restorative, children's, and Pre-Natal Yoga. It has been sometime since I have been to a class although my goal in at least once per week. But I made it today. It is always interesting taking a new instructors class for the first time. You never know what to expect because everyone has a different teaching style. It is almost like taking a different class altogether.
The class was wonderful for me. The hour and a half of restorative yoga went by too fast. I can already feel a shift. Spending so much time at a computer my body forgets what it means to stretch and move. While holding a pose, Laurence read poetry to us about being in the moment and breath. It was a nice reminder to relax and give myself those few hours a week to take class. And how often do you get some to read you poetry?

Kendra

1 comment:

  1. I also went to laurence's retorative yoga class and found it profound and amazing. She is also a Doctor of Oriental Medicine which came through at every turn with little tips of how to clear a meridian, increase chi, quiet my mind. It has helped me all week long.

    ReplyDelete