Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Continuous Path of Going Green

I asked google what it means to be green. Up popped many articles coming from different sides and perspectives on what it meant to be green. Many of the articles had conflicting statements and none of them had a straight forward definition. My question is can we ever really be green? Can our entire society leave no foot print on the world? Can every thing we do be green? The best that I can find is that being green is more about an ongoing process. I do not think that one day you can just be green. We all must strive to do better each day. Take the car less, walk more; Recycle all your scrap paper, find ways to reduce your energy usage; Keep your water usage to a minimum; Keep your heat down and air conditioning up; Turn off computers and lights; Use Energy Star rated bulbs; and the list can go on. Going green is about a promise to the people in the community and the mother earth. It is not something you are. It is really about what you do each day.
I know that I may be repeating myself, but I guess we all need a reminder. When I get reminded then I want to pass it on to others as well. Each day we can get a little further to being green.
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment